Do you know what type of workout you like?
Let’s keep this simple; when we enjoy what we do, we are much more likely to continue doing it.
Many of us know that it’s important to workout on a weekly basis, and we know that we need to make time for it. However do we know what we like to do?
When was the last time you asked yourself that question. Actually the real question is, have you ever asked yourself, what kind of workout do I like, or would like to do? What kind of work can I do that’s fun for me, and helps me get the results that I am looking for?
Instead of listening to the outside chatter of the media, and your friends, take some time and get to know yourself and what you like.
You may be thinking, that’s impossible, I can never find a workout that I like, because working out is hard.
Well that tells me you haven’t found your favourite workout as yet.
Yes you will sweat, you will hurt and yes you will be pushed, those things are supposed to happen when you workout.
However when you enjoy your workout, it won’t become a chore; it will become part of your everyday lifestyle.
So my tips for you are…
- Write down your thoughts on paper
- Get out there and find what kind of workout brings you to life. Try different classes and or speak with different trainers
- Ask yourself, what must my workout have for me to want to do it more than once a week, it can be a great personal trainer or instructor, it can be music etc
- Do you like a group setting or private setting
- Get on the internet, find out what gyms are offering or what your community is offering
- Don’t stop searching and trying until you find that workout that gives you want you love.
For me: I love to be challenged, I love to move, so my workouts must include innovative exercises that challenge me, It has to include dance or dance related moves..
I hope this helps you. If you have a workout that you enjoy doing, please share it with me. Tell me why you enjoy it so much.